Borrowing terms and conditions
- Borrowing from the library is free of charge.
- The library card is free of charge.
- To receive your library card, you must show your ID at the library.
- If you are younger than 18 years, your parent/guardian’s signature is required.
- You are responsible for all items borrowed using your library card.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children’s borrowed items.
- The loan period is normally four weeks, although there are exceptions.
- Items can be reborrowed twice, although there are exceptions.
- If there is a waiting list for a book, the loan period is two weeks.
- You are responsible for ensuring that borrowed items are returned on time.
- If a book is returned late, you must pay a fine.
- Children under the age of 18 years do not need to pay a fine.
- If you do not return a book, the library will send you a bill for the book.
- If a book becomes damaged during the loan period, you must replace the book.
- You can return your book at any of our libraries in Huddinge.
Processing of personal data
We need to store and process personal information about you (such as your name, personal ID number and address) for administration purposes. Your personal information is required in order for you to receive a library account.
We comply with applicable privacy legislation in all processing of personal data. The legal basis for our processing of your personal data is the performance of an undertaking in the public interest in accordance with the Instrument of Government (Regeringsformen) chapter 14, section 2, and in accordance with the provisions of the Public Libraries Act (Bibliotekslagen).
Your personal data will be stored for as long as you are an active user at Bibliotek Huddinge. The data will be erased if you have been inactive for more than three years; for children, the period of inactivity is five years.
In order to provide our services, we must sometimes share personal data with suppliers who work for us. The data is not disclosed to any unauthorised individuals, organisations or countries outside the EU.
Upon presentation of your ID, you have the right to:
- receive information about the data we have about you. You can receive this information in a printed document.
- have your data erased within 30 days of the request. We can only erase your data if all borrowed items have been returned and any fines have been paid.
- request that we restrict the processing of your data.
Telephone: 08-535 305 00
Huddinge’s Kultur- och fritidsnämnden is the Personal Data Controller. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
If you should wish to complain about our processing of your personal data, you have the right to contact the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Datainspektionen).